Monday, November 20, 2006

We got our ears pierced!

Back when I was in junior high or high school, I wanted to get my ear pierced. I even had some clip-ons I used to wear. The idea seemed to bother my dad so I didn't do it. He never said I couldn't. He just didn't seem to like it. I figured that since he'd always been so supportive of everything else I wanted to do that I could skip this one thing if it was going to bother him. It wasn't important enough to me to be worth upsetting him. So, for about 25 years I've put off getting my ear pierced.

Then a few weeks ago Ed Bradley of 60 Minutes died.



As you can see, Ed had an earring. So, out of nowhere Dad says to Mom, "I think I'll get my ear pierced in honor of Ed Bradley." He'd never expressed any interest in such a thing before. Of course I said if he's doing it I am too. When my brother Danny heard he decided he was going to get both of his ears done. So yesterday, the day after Dad's 66th birthday, we all went to the mall and got out ears pierced. We would have gone on Dad's birthday, but we waited so Danny could go with us.

Danny went first.



We had Danny's kids with us. His two-year-old son Noah freaked out when he saw his daddy get in the chair. He cried and kept saying, "No. No, Daddy." Then he started gesturing to his baby sister Anna and saying her name. We figured he must have remembered Anna crying when she got her ears pierced and was trying to warn Danny of the danger. He calmed down after he saw it didn't hurt.

Then I went.



And finally Dad.



By this time Noah had not only calmed down but had decided it was pretty funny that grandpa was getting his ear pierced.

And here we are together. Click on the picture for a larger view.



For starters we all just got simple studs. After I've healed and can take the stud out, I'll get a big silly gold pirate loop with a parrot hanging in it and of course a Superman earring, if I can find one.

1 Comments:

At Friday, November 24, 2006 9:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, proof read

 

Post a Comment

<< Home