Thursday, February 16, 2006

Comics you'll never get to see.


Due to the unreliability of people in general and artist in particular, the comics I've written will most likely never see the light of day. So, I'm introducing a new feature, COMICS YOU'LL NEVER GET TO SEE. It's a little glimpse of what might have been.

Meet Neuton John. He's a little bit Captain Atom and a little bit Mister Neutron without the military ties of the former or the silly voice of the latter. Neutron John, AKA John Newton, was meant to be the powerhouse of the comic book universe my friend Bill and I were creating.

The story would have been called The Return of Neutron John. Years ago terrorists/super villains/whatever detonated a nuclear device in a large US city. John absorbed the blast with his body, thus averting disaster, but went missing immediately afterwards. Most people assumed that John had died, but really he was only in a coma. The government had been watching and studying his body in a secret facility since the incident. Then one day, John woke up.

That's where the story would have begun. I never got much of it written. I was waiting for something to happen with the stuff I'd already written before I put a lot of work into Neutron John.



Captain Atom + Mr. Neutron = Neutron John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home