Sunday, September 11, 2005

September 11- enough already

I was there, ok. Eight blocks to the east. I answered the phones at work for hours afterwards, trying to help worried callers with whatever information I had. I breathed in the dust, smelled the stench for months. You know what? I'm sick of hearing about it. Enough already. Bad things happen to people all over the world, both by natural and man-made causes. No one else whines about it as much as we do. Suck it up.

And how much longer do we have to hear God Bless America during the seventh inning stretch? I don't apreciate the song stealing the spotlight from Take Me Out to the Ballgame. They always say, "To honor America, so-and-so will now sing God Bless America." Isn't that why we sing the Star Spangled Banner before the game? How much honoring does America need, and what do they even mean by that? We're a bunch of Americans (mostly, there could be some tourists at the game) in America engaged in the American passtime. So we're basicly honoring ourselves, right? What's that about?

Enough already. I remember. I'll never forget. I don't need to be reminded evertime I go to the ballpark. They still mention Pear Harbor on the news every year, so I guess there will be some kind of annual memorial for a long time to come, but take it down a notch, will you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home