Saturday, May 03, 2003

Free Comic Book Day

Today was the second annual Free Comic Book Day. I hit all the shops I know of in Manhatten.

Midtown Comics was by far the most generous. Not only did they gove out huge stacks of books, but they also gave Marvel Heroclix Hulk figures.

Jim Hanley's Universe was also pretty good. Although they limited the number of books, they had artists and writers signing throught the day. Also I found the last two issyes I needed of Skrull Kill Krew that I needed, so that was good.

Forbidden Planet was only giving out one or two books per person, but they were doing it from a table in front of the store which was a good idea. A lot of passers by were asking for the X-Men book.

The stingiest store was a little dive in the village that was only giving one per customer.

My regular shop was giving out a decent sized stack and even let the regulars have them a few days early.

To top it all off, Spiderman premiers on HBO tonight. An all around Comic-tastic day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home